Friday 11 March 2016

Don't Let Floral Upholstery Make You Blue

Pin It

Wow, I can't believe how long it's been since I wrote my last post!  Time sure flies now that I'm retired. Life has changed since my last post, I'm a Grandma now, to two beautiful little babies, twins, a boy and a girl.  They are the most wonderful thing that has happened to me since I had my own children.


I've been wanting to try painting an upholstered chair for a long time. My friend Toni talked to me about reupholstering her wing back chair. It was in good shaped, but was outdated and didn't suit her new house. I thought about it, but it used to belong to her Mom, and had sentimental value, and since I've never done anything that complicated, I was afraid of messing it up. Besides, if I don't have time to write a post I sure don't have time to reupholster a chair of that size.

Oops! I guess I forgot to take a picture before I started painting it with Annie Sloan Chalk Paint.


Well, you get the picture.


She quite liked it with only one coat of paint, but when it dried it looked blotchy.


Here it is with the second coat, I can't find the picture of it once we waxed it, but it came out a little darker than this.  You can still see the pattern, but not the colour coming through.



This is not a perfect solution for all upholstery needs as it is quite stiff, but we saved a chair that just didn't fit anymore, and she loves the way it looks.  It is a chair in a spare room so doesn't really get used, but looks a whole lot better than it used to.
 What do you think, would you have the nerve to paint an upholstered chair?





Pin It

1 comment:

  1. I love it! YES I am definitely going to have a go. Congratulations on your new grandchildren.❤️

    ReplyDelete

Pin It
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...