Sunday 15 March 2015

Reclaimed Wood (and practically everything else) Bench

Pin It


I have a few drawers hanging around, and decided it was time to do something with them.  This is project #1.
This project is almost completely made out of salvaged materials.  I get great joy out of that, I know, I'm easy to please.  It all started with the drawer, given to me by my friend Laura.  The 2X4's are reclaimed.  The fabric is scraps that I patched together rather than throw them out.  The foam is from a mattress also from Laura (yes, she's good to me).  I even used a piece of the old mattress cover as the batting to wrap the foam.  The glue, polyurethane, drawer pulls and screws are new, that's it.  My Mom always says you should make a silk purse out of a sow's ear, this is my silk purse. 





It is quite comfy, I need to consider adding a foam back to future benches.  It is adult size although it looks short in stature.


The drawer is not functioning, but instead the seat is hinged so it lifts up to allow for storage underneath.


Now I have all kinds of ideas going through my head!  Next thing you know I will be out looking for more drawers, ha ha.



Pin It

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I absolutely love this Faye!!!!!

    Toni

    ReplyDelete
  3. nice Faye. Ran out of paint?? RWS

    ReplyDelete

Pin It
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...