In case it wasn't already obvious, I will makeover anything! You've seen my outhouse right? Anyway, at the log house there is a workshop with a lean-to and a carport. This is phase one of the lean-to makeover. I didn't take a picture of the lean-to when it was full, but this will give you an idea of what I was dealing with.
Anyway, I cleaned it out, restacked some of the wood and other stuff that I am keeping, and just generally organized it. This is what I started with this morning, after a lot of work yesterday. (See the sink! Total score, saved my Grandmother's old kitchen sink from going to the dump)
I had to push some debris out of the way on the outside in order to access the walls. We still have a lot of clean up to do and have more trees to get rid of.
I didn't take any "in between" pictures, but first I put up the two sheets of plywood, then decided to measure the windows from my Grandmother's house that I saved from the dump, at the same time as the sink. I couldn't believe it but one of the styles was the perfect fit, they were also the ones I didn't have any plan for, but just didn't want to see them thrown out. Stay tuned for future projects with the windows, I have a great one in mind.
My new wall! You really have to look beyond the mess, and ignore the moss!
When I had the windows installed I realized that I needed to adjust them a little so the spacing looked better. It worked out awesome!
I then moved on to the inside and added plywood on top of all the sleepers that were already laid down, just to make it smoother to walk on.
I realize I am not going to win any "construction" awards with my handy work, but it is one step closer to being a much more usable space. Next step is end walls, but not tomorrow, I think I need a rest, or at least a change ;)
See that rafter on the end, I hit my head on that all day! I need a hard hat, a nice white one would be preferable!
p.s., I left the plywood long on this side because I am thinking about making the lean-to longer.