Saturday 8 June 2013

Always Biting Off More Than I Can Chew; Part VI; Lean-to Makeover, Phase I

Pin It

In case it wasn't already obvious, I will makeover anything!  You've seen my outhouse right?  Anyway, at the log house there is a workshop with a lean-to and a carport.  This is phase one of the lean-to makeover.  I didn't take a picture of the lean-to when it was full, but this will give you an idea of what I was dealing with.


Anyway, I cleaned it out, restacked some of the wood and other stuff that I am keeping, and just generally organized it.  This is what I started with this morning, after a lot of work yesterday.  (See the sink!  Total score, saved my Grandmother's old kitchen sink from going to the dump)



I had to push some debris out of the way on the outside in order to access the walls.  We still have a lot of clean up to do and have more trees to get rid of. 
 I didn't take any "in between" pictures, but first I put up the two sheets of plywood, then decided to measure the windows from my Grandmother's house that I saved from the dump, at the same time as the sink.  I couldn't believe it but one of the styles was the perfect fit, they were also the ones I didn't have any plan for, but just didn't want to see them thrown out.  Stay tuned for future projects with the windows, I have a great one in mind.




My new wall!  You really have to look beyond the mess, and ignore the moss!
When I had the windows installed I realized that I needed to adjust them a little so the spacing looked better.  It worked out awesome!


I then moved on to the inside and added plywood on top of all the sleepers that were already laid down, just to make it smoother to walk on. 
I realize I am not going to win any "construction" awards with my handy work, but it is one step closer to being a much more usable space.  Next step is end walls, but not tomorrow, I think I need a rest, or at least a change ;)
See that rafter on the end, I hit my head on that all day!  I need a hard hat, a nice white one would be preferable!


p.s., I left the plywood long on this side because I am thinking about making the lean-to longer.




Pin It

2 comments:

  1. OK McGuyver - please don't tell you did this yourself?
    You are AMAZING - absolutely amazing girl!
    XOX

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha ha, believe me I was wishing I had help wrestling those two pieces of plywood into place. My sister-in-law helped hold the first three windows into place, but after that I was on my own again. My brother moved the extremely heavy sink out of the way so I could get the floor laid down. Other than that I was on my own. Slow and steady wins the race, that's my mantra.
    Thanks for looking!

    ReplyDelete

Pin It
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...