I picked this dresser up on our local Storage Wars on Facebook. It's nothing special, kind of plain, not pretty, but not ugly. Well, except that double knob thing they have going on, I don't quite understand that.
I could see some potential for a couple of projects here. My son is in need of a bathroom vanity for the laundry room/bathroom in his new house. This dresser is a bit too tall. Susan H. you may want to look away, the next pictures are pretty graphic!
So I grabbed Manuel's circular saw and cut it in two. Come on, you saw that coming didn't you?
I'm saving the bottom part for another project. In order to get the vanity the right height I built a new bottom for it. I cut some 2 X 2's to length and cut out some corner pieces for a little decoration and some added strength. Then added a piece of scrap plywood for the platform. I glued and screwed everything together.
I then attached it with screws to the bottom of the dresser. I used some strips of spacers to make sure everything fit snugly and was good and solid.
Turned it right side up...
and put the drawers back in for a test fit.
I have a little more work to do, that will come, but first I have some more logs to sand, and floor tile to cut. I will post on this vanity again when it is done.