Monday, 17 December 2012

How To Make A Weathered Sign With Chalk Paint and Silhouette Cameo

Pin It

I bought a few cupboard doors at the Restore, I love that place!  Unfortunately the closest one to my town is four hours away :(
I brushed some homemade chalk paint onto it, and then just brushed it out until it was evenly coated, but wasn't solidly covered.

After it dried I lightly sanded the edges to distress it just a little more.  I cut out a large "Believe" with my silhouette cameo (I had to take a quick lesson from my son because he is the master on that thing!  He has used it far more than I have.).

 Now that I was at this point, I wasn't sure which direction to take.  It seemed kind of pointless.  I made the knobs (check out the tutorial here ) and hung the stockings on it.

For another look, I  hung these beautiful Christmas ornaments on it.  I will definitely be making more signs in the future.

Monday2 Make the Scene Monday #53
DIY Show Off
My Uncommon Slice of Suburbia
Pin It


  1. love it!!! with stockings and the ornaments!

  2. Gorgeous! Love old cupboard doors too!


Pin It
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...