Thursday 7 June 2012

Resting On My Laurels Part II - reupholstered chair

Pin It
December 1/12
I have decided to go back and buff up some of these older posts, maybe nobody will ever see them, who knows, but I feel some of these deserve a little more "attention" than I previously gave them. I will have to retrieve photos from different computers, so it may be a work in progress.

June 7/12
Hi all!  I am going to start with some previously done "before and afters"  My Facebook friends have seen these before, but if you are new to my ramblings,  they will be new to you.

                    Before


This is a chair that my husband had when we got married.  It was in good shape at the time, but still extremely ugly!  I held on to it because I could see the possibilities.

After





I hope you all like it as much as I do, I finally got around to taking a close up of the fabric, it is gorgeous, the white is stiched on top of the black with just a glint of silver showing around the edges!  Now I wish I had held on to the couch that went with it, but I finally talked Johnny into throwing it out last year, isn't that always the way!  Oh well, it was in pretty bad shape anyway.



Sharing At:
DIY Show Off                          http://www.iheartnaptime.net/sundae-scoop-link-party-56/
Sundae Scoop link party             
The Shabby NestFunky Junk's Saturday Nite Special
UndertheTableandDreaming http://www.keepingitsimplecrafts.com/The Girl Creative  
 
My Uncommon Slice of Suburbia   Boogieboard Cottage
TheRusticPig Becolorful    
  Crafty Confessions


Pin It

4 comments:

  1. This chair is beautiful! I wish I could learn how to upholster like that! A whole new world of possibilities would open up. You did an amazing job, the fabric is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous all of my favorate colors Great job on that chair enjoy it

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well that is quite a difference between the before and after. I adore the fabric you chose to reupholster the chair- very chic.

    Thanks doll,
    The Glamorous Housewife

    ReplyDelete

Pin It
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...