Thursday 12 March 2015

70's End Table Makeover

Pin It


This is one of those pieces that I painted, didn't like the way it was going, and set it aside for...a couple of years.  Originally I spray painted it a light turquoise colour and planned to antique it.  Obviously I wasn't convinced that it was going to come out the way I wanted it, or I wouldn't have let it sit for 2 years.


I decided this would be a perfect project for the new legs that I made this winter.  I believe this is the perfect height for beside a bed, a nice tall bed. Too bad I already have something I like beside my own bed.  


I painted everything red, then rubbed off some of the red paint.  I varnished and antiqued, and varnished again.
I love those legs!!! Too bad I can't show the old guys in the woodshop, I sure kept them guessing about what I was making.  I'd love to show them the finished project.


I bought these glass handles for another project, but I love that they match the turquoise paint showing through the red paint. 


 I eventually painted the screw heads that are showing where I attached the legs, but am too lazy to go take another picture, so you will just have to use your imagination.


Sometimes it takes me a long time to get inspired about a project again, I'm always happy when I finish up a project, especially one I have had around for a while.


Linking up to Knick of Time
Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pin It
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...