Monday 17 December 2012

How To Make A Weathered Sign With Chalk Paint and Silhouette Cameo

Pin It

I bought a few cupboard doors at the Restore, I love that place!  Unfortunately the closest one to my town is four hours away :(
I brushed some homemade chalk paint onto it, and then just brushed it out until it was evenly coated, but wasn't solidly covered.


After it dried I lightly sanded the edges to distress it just a little more.  I cut out a large "Believe" with my silhouette cameo (I had to take a quick lesson from my son because he is the master on that thing!  He has used it far more than I have.).


 Now that I was at this point, I wasn't sure which direction to take.  It seemed kind of pointless.  I made the knobs (check out the tutorial here http://libler.blogspot.ca/2012/12/how-to-make-dollar-store-drawer-pull.html ) and hung the stockings on it.




For another look, I  hung these beautiful Christmas ornaments on it.  I will definitely be making more signs in the future.


Monday2 Make the Scene Monday #53
DIY Show Off
My Uncommon Slice of Suburbia
Pin It

3 comments:

Pin It
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...