Thursday 15 November 2012

Bling Blang; storage box makeover

Pin It
So, I have a sob story about my laundry room. I have always wanted one of those beautiful laundry rooms, you know, the kind that make you WANT to do laundry.  Yeah, never happened.  When we built our house my husband insisted on putting the hot water tank, water pump, HVAC, all in that room, I couldn't build it in to make it look nice.  So as if that's not enough, we installed a water softener and filter last week, guess where it is, yup, in my laundry room.  (Heavy sigh).  Anyway, that really has nothing to do with this post, except that when he emptied out a cupboard that was in there, to remove it to make room for the softener, this empty storage box was in there.  I don't need it, but I am my Mother's daughter and cannot throw something out if it could possibly be used by anybody, anywhere. 




I still had one of these little tables.


                       I went looking for a can of paint, and this is what I had, so this is what I used.


          I believe in second chances, so I ask you again, do you see where I'm going with this (Susan)?

I LOVE my Milwaukee drills, just sayin'.  I once again sliced off the edges of the table so they  wouldn't      show on the finished product, then screwed the box to the table.


                                                          Then, I "blinged" it up a little.


                                                     I also sprayed the drawer pull silver.

















That's my story, and I'm stickin' to it.


Made in a Day shabby creek cottage Catch a Glimpse Button   
The Shabby Nest         
PhotobucketPin It

6 comments:

  1. No, I don't! But boy, do I love it! Favorite detail? The jewels on the legs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cool. I am always amazed at the potential that you see in everything. I just see junk and can't visualize worth a darn.

    ReplyDelete
  3. so cool! it's so much fun to make something out of something else :} good to see something of you. how are you doing?? it sure would be fun to chat again. blessings to you as you live.
    love judith

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is very different. I love that you put the box on a pedestal. Very unique. Thanks for linking up!
    Kim

    ReplyDelete
  5. I will follow all the tips you posted here. I will try all that. This is very helpful to me. So thank you so much for posting this one.

    Storage Boxes

    ReplyDelete

Pin It
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...