Sunday 30 September 2012

It's Not Easy Being Green, But It's Sure Easier Than Being White and Gold, Lamp Makeover

Pin It
I'm not sure where this lamp came from.  It was in the little house, and I know that I didn't put it there, 'cause I think it is U G L Y!!!

I think it made its way to me because it didn't want to be ugly anymore.  Well, that's what I'm telling myself anyway.


Oh, I almost forgot to take a picture of the shade, here it is, in all its glory.  This is not really a fair picture because I was already cutting the plastic (yes, plastic) shade off when I remembered to take it.


Ta Da!  Here she is, I have to say, I think I'm in love!


I took it apart and washed it.  When it was dry put it back together and spray painted it.  I painted the frame of the shade also as I wanted the green to show.


I wrapped the frame of the shade around and around with a roll of tulle that we had left over from Jasmin's wedding, scrunching it a little as I went.  I added two flowers that I had made last year when I decorated another lampshade.  I think it adds a nice touch.








Okay, I have to admit something, this lamp isn't really in working order yet.  I took it apart the other day because I needed the harp for Sterling's lamp, and I ended up using the cord and plug too.  So now I need to find another old lamp so I can salvage the harp and cord from it to use on this one.  If any of you locals have an old lamp you are planning to throw out, please send it my way.  Obviously I had no intention of doing anything with this lamp a couple of days ago, but there it was, all in pieces, looking so pathetic (insert heavy sigh here), I just couldn't help myself ;)
Sharing at


Pin It

6 comments:

  1. another great outcome - really like this one.
    Dixie

    ReplyDelete
  2. My mom had lamps like that when I was a kid! Toni

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love what you did for the lampshade!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Robyn, it wasn't my first thought, but sometimes things just have a way of working out for the better, I absolutely love it!

      Delete
  4. Love it! What colour and brand of paint did you use for this lamp?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I used Rust-oleum Green Apple, in satin finish.

      Delete

Pin It
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...