Down to the basement we go. When we bought this house a few years ago the basement was all built in with several rooms. We tore them all out, and tore up the wood floor that had been built to try to level off the uneven cement. I wish I had a picture of it, but alas, if I took one, I don't know where it is now. We had just done a rough tear out so we carried on and finished tearing out any leftovers.
Johnny and Buddy decided that we should tear up the cement floor since it was so poorly done. When they poured the floor they lay rock down all across the ground and then poured cement over it. Johnny broke it up with a sledge hammer (he IS a machine!!), then we threw all the rocks and cement out the window, then I went out and threw it all into a trailer. We were lucky to have help from Jasmin and Dan one day, and Budd spent some time there too, those days we got a lot done, they rock too!!!
Johnny (AKA Manuel) in action.
The whole floor, one sledge at a time.
We had to leave the supports in place until we got the new beams up.
Out with the old and in with the new, some of the "character" in this house is just a little too much for Buddy. He's not an old school kind of guy!
I've got to admit the new beam looks a lot better than the old log.
That's it for now, next time we will be going back upstairs to start rebuilding, yay!